Apply now for January
londonprintstudio Professional Development Residency
This is a free opportunity.
We are looking for 3 people to join our 6 month long flexible residency programme which starts January 2019. It is designed for people wanting to sustain a career in the visual arts. We are keen to receive proposals from people from lower income / non professional backgrounds with at least an A level or equivalent in art. We want to work with people who otherwise would be excluded from pursuing art careers.
What are the residencies for? The residencies are designed to help artists develop and sustain an arts career. For example, our free training and professional support can be used to:
- Develop work for a project
- Put together a professional project proposal or funding proposal
- Present yourself and your work more effectively
- Develop new specialist skills
- Explore new ways of working creatively
What we provide over 6 months:
Up to 25 open access sessions in our print studio
4 days (equivalent) on our highly rated in house printmaking courses
Participation in our flexible Professional Development programme including up to 12 hours one to one mentor support by arrangement.
People who might benefit:
- People wanting to develop print related skills
- People wanting to develop a career in the arts
- Graduates in art and design
- Recent school and college students, who studied art to A level are over 18 and are producing art work
- Women returners to arts careers
- New entrants to arts careers
- BAME, LGBT, candidates very welcome to apply
- Older entrants to arts careers
You will be selected for interview on the basis of your proposal, your work, and your application form. The interview will involve a discussion of your proposal and portfolio, and a general discussion of your application.
1. Fill in the Application form & Monitoring form (download below).
2. Plan and submit a proposal. This can either be written if you like you can make a video proposal in MP4 HP format - maximum time 3 minutes. If you decide to submit a video proposal, please also send us a written summary of your proposal in note form (less than 300 words).
3. Select up to 6 jpegs of your work (not huge files), with titles, details of medium and an indication of size / scale.
Email everything to us with the attachments.
We are looking for people who meet the following specifications.
1. A degree or A-level in Art or Design - or equivalent
2. Have a portfolio of current art work which demonstrates potential
3. Interest in print and making multiples
4. Can demonstrate that they are from a less affluent background / without family support or finance
5. Organised and self-motivated, with a commitment to a career in the arts
6. Resourceful, flexible and eager to develop new skills
7. Enthusiastic and resilient
Email your applications through here.
Closing date: 30th November 2018.